Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Flaming Good Time!

Today started out like most days in our home; checking the playgroup calendar for our scheduled event of the day. Unfortunately, the weather was not cooperating today so the park was no go. Liam and I invited the group over to our home for some fun, but who knew it would be so eventful!
Eleven moms and kiddos came over and everything was great. Liam was being fairly nice and the there were not many fights or tears. Lunch time was getting close so I decided to bake up some chicken nuggets and tater tots in our newly fixed oven. (We have been without an oven since Easter weekend!) There was a little smoke coming from the oven but when I looked it was just some yuk on the bottom smoking. A few minutes later, one of the moms is yelling to me that there are flames in the oven! Thankfully we have a fire extinguisher by the stove but I have never had to use of those crazy things! Who knew the fine powder would cover everything in the kitchen and smell so horrible!
All the kids were ushered into the back yard and accounted for, and all the windows opened. Needless to say lunch was a bust!

Lesson of the Day: Clean the oven every now and then!

1 comment:

Lisette said...

Funny story,come to think of it, I don't I have ever cleaned our oven! Its just really hard work hitting the selfcleaning button. Is that bad? To tell you the truth, I scared of it. I don't know what will happen once I push it. Hmmm, maybe clean the oven??? Don't know. I will attempt to press the dreadful button on the next nice day.