Sunday, January 23, 2011

Post Independance Blues

    It has been a week since I have been further than 400 yards from home, 4 days since I have been outside the walls of the house, and about 30 minutes from loosing it! Liam and Luci have the chicken pox and have confined Luci and I at home. Mike has taken Liam out but only because he is in the healing stage and hasn't been contagious for a long while. Poor Luci has a face full of pox still and although not contagious, I don't want to take her out and about. Back in the day this would not have been a problem because I would have left the baby with Mike and gone out. I am finding that Breast Feeding has it's downfalls (for me). There is also a car issue to factor into this equation.

1 car + 1 working spouse - 1 kid that needs to be at school at same time as working spouse = 1 spouse left home sans wheels to walk said kid to school.

  When Liam was born my life didn't change much. I continued to go to lunch with friends, shop and be out and about. That was the bonus of having a baby at the end of April. I thought breast feeding was going to make my life a even easier because I wouldn't have to fuss with bottles and spend a small fortune on formula like with Liam. In the last three weeks I have learned that it's not quite so simple. You have the learning curve of figuring out how to BF successfully and feeling comfortable doing so in public. Luci and I are not there yet but the few times we have been out and about, she slept the entire time. While that was nice and stress free it made for a feed fest when we got home and she woke up. (And to all my BF friends I know you "shouldn't" go too long without feeding...blah blah. They were short trips.)
  Thankfully, I am now in possession of a breast pump and plan to start using it soon. I plan on going to London for a few days at the end of April for the Royal Wedding. Luci WILL be staying home because I don't think it would look good sleeping on the street overnight with a 4 month old. My fingers will be crossed that she is taking a bottle well by April.
  One day I hope I can go to the grocery store (Mike has been going), get a hair cut, grab coffee with friends, go out to lunch, or go shopping. Must be nice being Mike...he was playing poker last night till 2am with pals and is currently at baseball practice while I sit at home with the munchkins. You'd think he could at least bring me flowers once in a while to brighten my mood.

Pity Party is over. Time to switch the laundry over. **Sigh**
 

No comments: