Friday, May 15, 2009

Disappointing Recipes

The most difficult part of being a Wanna-Be Domestic Goddess, in my opinion, is dinner time. Somehow I need to come up with a yummy, balanced (OK semi-balanced) meal that will be loved by all. Having a three year old makes this task almost impossibly, especially if he is in a mood!
This week I made quite the menu for the next two weeks. I found a bunch of good recipes in an old Everyday Food (issue 45) magazine that I figured we could try and then some of my staples. The creamy pasta with squash and bacon (pg.28) looked promising since the squash is plentiful this time of year. After burning two fingers in boiling water (not paying attention will get you every time) I got the meal on the table. I followed the recipe and even seasoned more than called for and it was still flat. Don't you hate when that happens? Martha assures me everyday on her show that they test recipes over and over to make sure they work. What happened Martha???? Where was the flavor? If you try this recipe I recommend more garlic, more salt and pepper (lots more) and maybe some other veggies.
This recipe was helpful because I now know how to make a super quick creamy sauce. I hope the rest of my new recipes turn out a little better! Have a delicious week!

No comments: