Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My New Domestic Life

My new domestic life in England consists of a whole lot of driving, cooking, laundry and cleaning. WOW! Sounds a whole lot like my former domestic life in the states! All kidding aside I am really enjoying myself so far. IT would be nice to have some girls to hang out with but finding friends takes time. Especially when you are as picky as me.

I am not afraid to admit I miss my American fast food! Fast food has always been a love of mine and I can honestly say I am loosing a little weight without it. There is a Burger King and subway on base but they aren't that great. THe nearest McDonald's is over 30 minutes away. Liam is adjusting well to the lack of McDonald's but only because he likes Subway. He is having a hard time on the rare occasion that we do eat out. Yesterday we had our first English lunch experiance. We picked a sauage roll for Liam (a mild sausage in a flaky pastry) and I chose a jacket potato with cheese and bacon. Liam liked the pastry but the sausage was not a hit. Mike's lunch came with gravy and Liam soon discovered he loved gravy. His lunch ended up consisting of pasty topped with gravy. Bacon is not the same as in the states. It's more like a slab of ham. I knew what to expect but needed to try something new. Didn't like it! OH well.

My sister is coming to visit the first week of February and I am super excited! I am looking forward to a little time away with her doing girl things! Check out our family blog for pictures and adventures.

No comments: