Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Who Knew Alpacha Was Sooooo Soft?

Liam goes to a very neat school here in England called Busy Bees Nursery School. The school was suggested to us and when we checked into it we knew Liam had to attend. The school is a working 10 acre organic farm with animals (including a large pack of alpacas) and gardens. They even have their own indoor pool and swim instructor on staff.

The founder/owner of the school dyes and spins the alpaca hair into beautiful and soft yarn that they sell in a shop on the school grounds. The shop was open this morning and I popped in to take a look around. I was blown away that she dyes all the yarn with dye she makes out of 4 plants she grows organically. The number of colors that she creates from those 4 plants just amaze me! I ended up spending 30 minutes chatting with her and being shown all the cool stuff she carries. She even had soybean and camel! She really made me want to learn more about crocheting or knitting.

No comments: