Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Great Cake Debate

Liam has agreed to cupcakes this year for his birthday party. As much as I would love to make a fun cake this year I just don't think Luci will give me the time I need. My current dilemma is whether to use a box cake mix or go from scratch.

All of the cakes I do are made with cake mix for a few good reasons. With a box cake the product is always consistent, predictable, light and moist. From scratch cakes can be very heavy and there is always the risk of it being dry. I don't have an issue using a box cake mix and let people know what I use. 

Last year when my old pal Deanna came to visit, she brought me the Martha Stewart Cupcake cookbook. My plan was to work my way through the cookbook but I have yet to make one recipe! I am very disappointed with myself because there are so many awesome recipes. 

I am thinking of going through and choosing a recipe for Liam's party and giving it a run through. Fingers crossed I get a chance to do a little baking.  

No comments: