Saturday, June 5, 2010

Another Chapter Begins

Shortly after Liam turned 1 yrs old, and people started asking the inevitable question, Mike stated he didn't want to have more kiddos. . It took me by surprise to be honest. Mike stated he wanted Liam to be able to do whatever he wanted, wanted us to be able to travel easily as a family and financially it made since. After a while I got used to the idea. Liam and I have always done a lot of traveling and it's easy to take a toddler on a plane when you only have one.

With every move and new stage, the baby items were sold or given away. When preparing for our move to England, I asked Mike one more time if he was sure we were done. "Yes!" The last of the items were sold. The only item we have from Liam's infancy are some "keeper" clothes, crib, bedding and mobile. It's sad to part with cute stuff you child enjoyed so, but they are being enjoyed by others. My friend Brooke sent me a picture of Cece playing with the kitchen we gave them and it made my day!

Shortly after arriving in England, Mike started his mission to get a Land Rover Discovery. My boys and their need for 4wheel toys! Don't get me wrong they are nice and I enjoyed test driving one but they are HUGE! Even though they are UK cars they are monsters in comparison to other cars and parking spots! My comment was that a Discovery is a family car and we would need more than 1 child to justify it's purchase. Who would have thought that a few days later, my hubby would tell me he had changed his mind. "If you would like to have another baby I am cool with the idea." WHAT, WHAT, WHAT?! Three years of stead fast NO and then all of a sudden he has a change of heart? Was it because he had just turned 40? There were many discussions that followed to get to the root of the matter. I realised he was serious.

A few months later and we are 10 weeks pregnant. Liam is excited and will make a fantastic Big Brother.




I have already started the hunt for good baby deals. So far I have picked up a highchair, bouncy seat, new infant seat, and Mike got a diaper bag. All for under $200! It helps being in a military community where people are moving all the time!

This will be an interesting journey.

No comments: