Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pumpkin Whoopie Goodness


My husband works with the Systems Office at the hospital. Systems, like most good people, like to have potlucks as often as they can. Mike tends to not find out till the last minute or doesn't remember to tell me. His contributions usually end up coming from the grocery store and that annoys me. Two weeks ago he FINALLY gave me a heads up that they were having a potluck and told me I was to make a desert (imagine that!). I decided to go with a whoopie pie of some sort. I have become slightly obsessed with them since having one from a eatery on base. It lacked flavor and cost WAY too much. The filling was also some what of a mystery to me as well. It wasn't marshmallow or butter cream and wasn't sweet. YUCK!


Mike loves pumpkin flavor stuff so I found a pumpkin whoopie pie recipe from Martha Stewart. I had to modify the recipe since I couldn't find canned pumpkin (I used canned pumpkin pie mix and left out the spices that were called for in the recipe). I spent the whole day Thursday working on them and they turned out FANTASTIC even though they didn't look like Martha's. I am not a pumpkin fan and even I thought they were tasty. Liam claimed he needed to taste test one cookie from each batch. Quality if very important to him!


I ended up present at the potluck on Friday and I am glad I went. There's nothing better than having people tell you how wonderful you...I mean your food is! I especially like compliments when they come from the Camo that runs the hospital. Always please people in high places!








No comments: