Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sassy Barbie

Have you seen Barbie lately? That girl has changed a whole lot since I was a little girl! One of Mike's co worker's asked me to make a birthday cake for their daughter's 5th birthday. They gave Mike a Barbie that they wanted me to use as inspiration/decoration and he got to carry it all around the hospital. This Barbie is HOT! It's the Sassy Barbie with black and zebra leggings and hot pink sparkly top. When I saw her I had to throw out my original idea and come up with plan B.

The birthday party is Sunday afternoon and I am already ahead of schedule. Both cakes are covered in fondant and I have started working on decorations for the top layer. Fingers crossed, the bottom layer should have pink zebra print by the end of the day.

Keep an eye out for pictures of the project. I pray this little girl loves this cake!

No comments: