Thursday, April 9, 2009

Planning Has Begun!



  Liam's third birthday is fast approaching.  It's hard to believe that my tiny baby is going to be 3!  Birthdays are super special in my book and I like to go all out!  Last year we had a safari themed party with easily 15-20 kids plus parents. This year, like most everything else, we are downsizing on the number of people.  No fun will be compromised in the downsizing of this party!
  This year's theme came straight from Liam.  He has made up his own term "Monster Traction" to explain anything cool with big tires.  Daddy's jeep, Papa's truck, Tractors, etc.  When asked what he wanted his birthday to be about this year he was quick to say "Monster Traction!"  I designed the invitations and ordered a monster truck pinata.  Now I am on to menu planning and cake conception.
  Liam has made the request for a "Monster Traction" cake.  I tend to be a little TOO ambitious sometimes and told him I would make him a monster truck cake.  I have practiced once but it really didn't look like my vision.  Please keep your fingers crossed that it will all work out.  And keep your fingers crossed for nice weather.  Our new rental is way too small to have more than 6 people inside! hahaha! Not sure what my back up plan is yet!
  Keep your eyes out for future posts on the construction of "Monster Traction" cake! 

1 comment:

osuapril said...

can't wait to see the finished product!