Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yummy Yum Cornbread



Sorry I haven't really made any posts lately but the birthday prep and laziness have been keeping me busy! This morning has been spent baking the first of many cakes. A girlfriend let me borrow a 14*14*2 3/4 cake pan that is awesome! I really didn't want to have to buy a large cake pan just for this occasion especially since I have no place to store another pan! I did some not to perfect calculations and figured two cake mixes should be enough...think again! So I might have to make more than two cakes, but we'll see!
I have a lot of post ideas and want to get them written before I forget. This will be one of probably three posts containing some of my favorite yummy recipes. Growing up I was NEVER a fan of cornbread. The only cornbread I had ever had was usually pretty dry and just...blah! No offence to anyone that has ever served me cornbread over the years! Once Mike and I started living together I got into trying new stuff. I believe I saw Paula Deen make cornbread along the lines of this recipe and I thought...that looks yummy! I don't really use a recipe but I am sure there is one exactly like what I am about to write. This is by no means an original and I do not take credit for it's creation!

You will need:
1 box Jiffy corn muffin Mix
1 8.5 oz can cream style corn
1 egg
1/2 c. sour cream (more or less)
1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese (use whatever cheese you love. add more or less per your taste)

Blend all ingredients and pour into pan or muffin pan. Bake till golden brown. (15-20 min)

**The jiffy box calls for 1/3 c. milk. You will more than likely not need any of it due to the addition of the cream style corn. But if your batter seems a little too tight add as needed.

This cornbread always turns out moist and the addition of the cream corn adds great texture and the cheese adds gooey yumminess! Enjoy!

No comments: